University of Massachusetts Medical School
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Requisition Number
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- Exempt/Non-Exempt Status
- Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Chief Research Informatics Officer or designee, the Data Scientist is responsible for modeling complex clinical and research problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. In addition to advanced analytic skills, this role is also proficient at integrating and preparing large varied datasets, designing specialized database and computing environments, and presenting results. Data Scientists work closely with clients, project/program managers, and other IT teams to turn data into actionable information and knowledge that can be used to make sound organizational decisions. Core traits include creative thinking, innovative proposals, and expert data mining techniques. They will need to validate their findings using an experimental and iterative approach. In addition, he/she will perform diverse and complex duties in a manner consistent with a dynamic and active biomedical education and research community.
- Envision and deliver information systems solutions in alignment with the Medical School's strategic and tactical business plans.
- Identify efficient tools for business and clinical application design and development. Incorporate technology tools where appropriate
- Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build models
- Perform data analysis and moderately complex design algorithms.
- Work with stakeholders to identify requirements.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to select the relevant sources of information
- Work with team members to solve client analytic problems and document results/methodologies.
- Perform experimental design approaches to validate finding or test hypotheses.
- Validate/Verify analysis by comparing appropriate samples.
- Use appropriate algorithms to discover patterns in complex datasets
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's in Data Science, Informatics, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in development and implementation of technologies preferably for an academic research organization.
- Proven experience with clinical and clinical trial data
- Experience working in a scientific research environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide documentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.