United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Records Representative- Per Diem Opportunity
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Worcester ASC is seeking a dynamic medical office professional that can manage the responsibilities of a medical records representatives. The primary responsibilities of this professional is to manage medical records and retrieves existing medical records by gathering appropriate record folders and contents; assigning and recording new record numbers; verifying existing record numbers; inputting and recording locations to computer; delivering records on behalf of the center and other related responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be open to being cross-trained to assist in other business office responsibilities to aid their colleagues and for the benefit of the patient experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years of hospital or medical records experience required.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission Standards
- Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
- Show a genuine desire to work and improve the center as a whole.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional manner.
- Must be able to adhere to hospital financial and admitting policies.
- Ability to promote positive relationships with patients and staff.
- Must know insurance verification and collection processes.
- Must have problem solving and decision making skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.
The ideal candidate will exhibit proficiency in:
Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Quality Focus, Professionalism, Productivity, Thoroughness, Coordination, Deadline-Oriented, Internal Communications, Reporting Skills