Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Faculty - Pharmacology
at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- # of Openings
- Faculty 12 Mo
Faculty of Pharmacology contribute to departmental teaching and mentoring activities in the professional PharmD and Graduate Programs in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences in the School of Pharmacy Worcester/Manchester at MCPHS University; conduct scholarly research and participate in service activities for the Department, School and University.
- Teach (didactic required, elective and laboratory) topics in an area of expertise (pharmacology/physiology/pathophysiology/toxicology) in the professional PharmD and graduate programs offered by the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and School of Pharmacy Worcester/Manchester
- Conduct scholarly and publishable peer-reviewed research in area of expertise, preferably complementing departmental research strengths
- Mentor and advise the professional PharmD students; mentor and advise graduate students in their thesis/dissertation research
- Hold regular office hours for students
- Attend and participate in graduate student seminar activities
- Serve as a member of the Departmental/School/University committees, as assigned
- Maintain advanced knowledge in discipline and area of expertise
- Attend Departmental, School and University functions
Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor.
Rank is commensurate with education and experience.
- Doctorate degree in Pharmacology, Physiology, Pathophysiology, Toxicology, or related bio-medical science
- Evidence of a commitment to teaching and scholarship
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
- Peer-reviewed published research in area of expertise or evidence of works in progress
- Advanced knowledge in an area such as Pharmacology, Physiology, Pathophysiology and/or Toxicology
- Ability to work with classroom learning management systems (e.g., Blackboard)
- Ability to work with electronic examination/testing platforms (e.g., ExamSoft)
MCPHS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits that includes a substantial contribution toward the cost of medical and dental insurance, generous time off benefits, and a significant pension plan contribution. To learn more about our total rewards, please visit MCPHS Total Rewards.
Please attach a cover letter, a curriculum vitae and a brief statement of your teaching philosophy, research plans and interests. No phone calls, please. Principals only. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. MCPHS University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who would enrich the University’s diversity are encouraged to apply.
MCPHS University, an innovator in health and professional education, is setting the pace in the health science fields. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Here, we are preparing future generations of global leaders and promoting systems to improve the health of the public. In the midst of implementing an ambitious strategic plan that will bring us to our 200th anniversary in 2023, MCPHS offers meaningful work that benefits society overall, provides competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, and fosters a sense of connectedness and collaboration among our employees. We are a fast-moving, data-driven educational institution with a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
Come join us and be a part of a diverse community that is at the forefront of advancing the healthcare landscape! To learn more about working at MCPHS University, please visit Careers at MCPHS.