Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Engineering Manager - Worcester, MA area
at Makino, Inc
Single Source Technologies, representing Makino as well as other high end machine tool products, is a single-source provider of machine tools, engineering services, tooling, supplies, application support and customer service throughout North America. We are currently seeking an Applications Engineer – Production Machinery for our Worcester, MA location.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for identifying best solutions for customer satisfaction and managing best customer growth.
- Identify Key Customer Deliverables to ensure Single Source Technologies develops and retains customer intimacy.
- Manage and measure SST applications engineering team.
- Manage and measure SST field service engineering team.
- Manage SST contractors for field service and applications engineering services.
- Responsible for planning and managing the SST showroom and warehouse.
- Work with Mason Makino and complementary OEM product line applications, service and sales team to identify all current applications engineering and service needs.
- Responsible for understanding and executing applications and service requirements with new sales orders and with existing customers.
- Provide pre and post-sales support.
- Continue to build high level applications and service image in the markets served by SST.
- Key contact for all applications and service related issues in SST region.
- Prioritize customer needs to available resources.
- Coach and mentor service and applications engineering team and provide guidance on customer intimacy leading to market differentiation.
- Provide planning for applications and service organization to allow for current stability and future growth.
- Understand and make decisions with consideration for cost versus return.
- Ability to understand and lead Metrix roll-out and utilization.
- Ability to provide applications training to SST personnel on key Makino machining technologies (SGI, HMC, etc.).
- Ability to provide applications training to customers to utilize Makino machine and key technologies.
- Ability to manipulate programming software, modeling software and MS Project.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Experience in managing machine shop or machining workforce preferred.
- Work experience with machine tools or other technology based capital equipment.
- Proven history of customer service orientation.
- Leadership style that motivates and promotes team work among remote employees.
- Intuitive, insightful, action oriented leader that creates and manages change.
- Manage adversity and conflict effectively.
- Ability to travel extensively
Single Source Technologies is poised to hire the very best people from around the globe. We believe the interests of our company and people are inseparable and we are committed to developing a diverse team of creative and independent professionals. Employees enjoy a stable work environment from a company with years of success and growth in the machine tool industry. We offer competitive pay, generous benefits and ongoing training.
Makino is proud to be an EEO/M/F/Disabled/Vets employer