Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Pharmacy Technician
CompleteRx, a leader in hospital pharmacy management and consulting has an immediate need for a Certified Pharmacy Technician to assist our pharmacy team in the preparation and distribution of drugs at our treatment facility located in Worcester, MA. This is a M-F position and the hours are 8am-4:30pm.
As a Pharmacy Technician for CompleteRx you will procure and distribute drug orders per physician requests, pharmacist requests or prearranged work assignments according to established policies, procedures & protocols and within specified time frames. Contributing to the quality and efficiency of the pharmacy, you will fill physician orders, medication surgical kits, medication carts or medication requisitions, specialty items and bins accurately. Working cooperatively with hospital and pharmacy staff you will ensure pharmacy services are provided in a timely manner. Guided by the CompleteRx Team Covenant we expect our employees to continually provide courteous and professional support throughout all their interactions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current Pharmacy Technician certification as required by practicing state
- One year plus hospital experience preferred but not required
- Courteous, professional service to patients, visitors and staff
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ensures procurement and distribution of drug orders per physician request, pharmacist request or prearranged work assignment are performed according to established policies, procedures & protocols and within specified time frames.
- Identifies and fills replacement medications on emergency crash carts, OR carts and floor stock accurately
- Prepares sterile products (including chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition) accurately
- Delivers medications and supplies to patient care and ancillary areas accurately
- Rotates stock to ensure use before expiration date
- Picks up orders, requisitions and medications for return from patient care areas when on delivery rounds
- Enters charges and credits for patient medications accurately
- Identifies and replaces outdated and unusable drugs.
- Build and nurture relationships with hospital and pharmacy team
- Perform special projects as needed
Compensation & Benefits:
As an employee of CompleteRx, you will be provided continual growth and development while learning the best practices of Pharmacies nationwide. We offer a rewarding and challenging career along with a comprehensive employment and benefit package.
- Competitive Compensation
- Performance Bonus Plan
- License Reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans (Including Domestic Partner Coverage)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation and Sick Leave
Founded in 1998 as a service-driven organization with a strong sense of community, CompleteRx embarked on a strategy to become the employer of choice in hospital pharmacy management and consulting. Since our founding we believe our success has been driven by our employees who are our most valuable resources. We believe the very best outcomes are accomplished when all employees share a sense of mutual ownership for successful results and where each employee accepts personal accountability for their individual contributions. These beliefs are the core of our Team Covenant which guides all of our actions to the patients we care for, hospitals we support and fellow employees we work alongside of.
CompleteRx is an equal opportunity employer by choice.