Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Records Administrator
at Clark University
Human Resources Records Administrator
Job Code 190261
Office of Human Resources
Full-time/ 40 hours/ 12-months
Clark Universitys Office of Human Resources seeks to fill the position of Human Resources Records Administrator. The successful candidate will perform all administrative activities related to maintaining faculty and staff employment and job records on a regular basis for payroll processing.
Primary responsibilities for this position are to ensure accurate data entry and maintenance of staff and faculty employment, job, and deduction records.
The Human Resources Records Administrator will work collaboratively within the Human Resources team as well as with various University partners (Payroll, Grants Accounting, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review employment, job, and deduction data records for over 700 faculty and staff to ensure accurate payment and benefit premium withholdings for payroll processing.
- Manage the employment records and compensation distribution of part-time faculty; coordinate with various key stakeholders in the process (Provost Office, Enterprise Budget Unit, and School of Professional Studies).
- Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and adherence to compliance with university policies as well as federal/state/local regulations.
- Interpret information on human resources and payroll related forms to ensure accuracy and completeness; follow up with appropriate constituent groups for incomplete/missing information
- Coordinate with the payroll department at each stage of the bi-weekly payroll process (initial review, corrections, final sign-off, etc.).
- Review and analyze Human Resources-related data and reports for accuracy and resolve discrepancies to ensure accurate posting to financial records.
- Process and maintain records of employee leave status.
- Update employee leave balances (earned time, floating holidays, etc.), as requested.
- Process salary increases for faculty and staff as part of the annual salary review process.
- Provide exceptional customer service by researching/answering questions, providing information and ensuring appropriate follow-through and/or resolution, including policy interpretation.
- Receive and process employment verification requests in a timely manner.
- Serve as the primary contact for faculty and staff concerning personal information changes such as name changes, address, phone numbers, emergency contacts, etc.
- Prepare Labor Redistribution reports for payroll funding source and/or fringe account code changes.
- Read and analyze source documents such as applications, data cards, benefit/insurance forms, appointment letters, tax and direct deposit forms, and other related employment/benefit documents and enter data in specific data fields or forms with a high degree of accuracy.
- Bachelors degree, required.
- 2-4 years experience in payroll related data records maintenance; experience in a higher education, preferred.
- Strong understanding of and experience using an integrated, automated Human Resources Information System (HRIS); Ellucian Banner experience a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure; demonstrated experience meeting payroll processing deadlines and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to interpret and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Capability using ad hoc reporting tools such as Argos.
- Exceptional data entry skills with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive personnel information at all times.
- Excellent problem solving skills and judgements; ability to prioritize and take initiative.
- Prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workplace with the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of constituents on campus.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applicants must reference Job code 190261 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.