Burncoat Family Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Acute Care LPN - PASSages
at Burncoat Family Center
- # Positions
- Experience (Years)
Come join a friendly and diverse clinical team that provides quality care! Community Healthlink (CHL) is looking for a part-time (20 hrs/wk) Acute Care LPN in Worcester, MA.
PASSages is an intensive, short-term (2-4 week), inpatient treatment program for men and women 18 and older who suffer from substance use disorders but do not require detox. The program provides individual counseling sessions and comprehensive case management services to each client along with at least seven treatment groups per day, run by all team members. PASSages is an exciting, dynamic environment in which all members of the multidisciplinary team work together to ensure the best outcomes for our clients. Apply today, and be on the front lines of the fight against the opioid epidemic that has stolen far too many lives!
Compensation based on education and related work experience, licensure and other qualifications
Health and Dental insurance (active upon starting)
Generous paid sick, personal, holiday, and vacation time
Life and Disability insurance
401k with agency contribution
Wellness activity discounts
Work related travel reimbursement
LPN will work on PASSages adult inpatient substance abuse units.
- Renders and supervises care of patients on the unit. Ensures safety of all clients on unit.
- Monitors medication in consultation with the Medical Director and on call physicians. Properly documents all medication per program requirements. Administers medication as prescribed by physicians per program requirements. Provides information and teaching about medication. Works with clients and case managers to ensure all medications are obtained for discharge.
- Participates in the evaluation of client’s condition and progress with other team members.
- Observe and assess patients for medical clinical signs and symptoms or withdrawal and follows prescribed course of treatment, with notification to the Medical Director as needed.
- Communicates and documents all pertinent information related to client’s condition and effects of treatment to team members.
- Reports to Administrator on call, all emergency, medical and disciplinary situations that require administrative intervention.
- Participates with other staff members in implementing program objectives and philosophy.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings, attends conferences and in-services to keep abreast of new trends in nursing practice. Attends trainings on Medication Assisted Treatment to be knowledgeable and able to provide client education and medication as prescribed.
- Performs related duties as assigned by Program Director, Nursing Supervisor and/ or Director of Nursing.
- Completes narcotic count on each shift ensuring accuracy or per program requirements.
- Must be able to bend, kneel and stand for periods of time in order to assist clients when necessary and follow treatment protocols.
- Administer emergency care (i.e. CPR, seizures), makes referrals to Emergency Room as necessary.
- Assess daily patient care needs in conjunction with the clinical, case management and medical team.
- Work with clients to coordinate care with their PCP, psychiatrist, and other professionals, including but not limited to medication refills and f/u medical appointments.
- Work with clients to obtain a PCP, other professional caretakers as needed, e.g. psychiatrist, therapist, dentist.
- Coordinates urgent care visits as needed.
- Resolves problems on the unit before he/she reports off and communicates any pertinent information to all oncoming staff and on call manager as needed.
- Reports to the Program Director, Nursing Supervisor, Nurse Manger or on call manager all issues on the unit.
Grade 9A: Acute Care LPN: Valid and current MA LPN license required.
- Current CPR
- Appreciation and a desire to be part of an Integrated Care team which is dedicated to providing clients with optimal therapeutic care.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience working with adults with mental health and substance abuse preferred.
Bilingual oral and written communication skills a plus.
- Must be able to pass a CORI background check
Community Healthlink is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, political affiliation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
If applicable, Community Healthlink shall also abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability. These regulations require affirmative action by Community Healthlink to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.